"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Saturday 8 October 2011

A Scene from Beyond...

On God’s Altar I stand-

And passed to me,

I take and drink red wine,

In a silver goblet with golden rivulets engraved,

Written in a tongue not known to me…



In front of me a giant waterfall,

Wine in the colour of blood flowing in front of me

From a source only "heaven" beholds, me supposed…



Behind me a thorned carpet,

Piercing every limb that walks upto the altar,

Like mine, numbed by the incessant red roar

of the Boss Chimera and his league…



I do not sweat, nor fatigue engulfs me,

I just stand, and I just see

vision but no feel…



Here I am in a dream,

On a bed of broken shells,

All glistening like an old Greek sea's

mythical lost pearls…



Here I am,

Where everyone laughs,

Ghastly demented, and soulless zombies…



Here I am,

At a place called God’s own Altar,

And hear only wails and screams

of afterlife's ghouls and hags…



All there is,

Is just empty hollow me

a shell of my body,

a zombie with no zeal…



© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: