"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Saturday 8 October 2011

Esthete's Moments Enchanted...

And through the mind's eye,
I whispered,
the slow song talking of the mist
which was cleared with first rays of the sun...
I tried to look, but the cloudy day had made it all very dark,
and then the drops fell,
with the pianoforte clicking away the key notes...
Nature seemed to understand the music,
and the music seemed to understand nature...
I stood there, mute,
trance gripping without any drug's trace...
Truly enough,
while there formed those tiny rivulets,
I heard a whisper in my ear,
someone's breath had fogged the back of my neck,
I smiled listening to the little song,
now the October rain splattered in my face,
while someone whispered to me,
"what more could you ask for?"
Hearing this, I smiled and wept...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: