"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Tuesday 16 February 2010

On things that go wrong...

When I first spoke,
all was calm,and all seemed blessed,
but now I don't see where it went wrong...
When I thought about the things I see,
all seemed well,all seemed nice,
but now I don't see where it went wrong...
All these years,hope pulled me,
it showed me how one can live,
with one small smile amidst despair,
but now I don't see,how I allowed it to go so wrong...
All those days we lived as friends,
when all those hours we spent near the sea,
I don't think I saw how things could have gone wrong...
But now I sit alone,
bereft and in self-pity,
I pull myself into the dungeons filled with my tears,
and in that lone dark room,
I rake what is left of sane whole mind,
thinking what I did to make it all go wrong...
Now I cry,head in my arms,
thinking,how could I let this darkness creep on,
now I wish that I never wished,
now I wonder
why things have gone so wrong,where did I miss,
where did I not foresee?
Where was I unjust?
and how I let this sorrow seep into me...
For all I know,that,is wrong...
Things do happen,
things do shape,
things do have a way to say their say,
there is no reason to despair,
there is no reason to lose hope,
and one thing that remains,
is a reason to believe,
that the things that go wrong,
will be set right soon,
and one day I will wake,
thinking nothing can go wrong,and so it will remain...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: