"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Monday 8 February 2010

On that teacher...

Sands of time may turn it sour
sands of time make make it more...
But when one looks back,
when one sees those days,
where a son slept in his mother's lap...
When one thinks of those days,
where a brother gave up his life
to make his brother's a better one...
The day when the father gave up his son,
for the sake of those souls unknown...
It is that day that one remembers,
that old English teacher,
who said one life lost is worth
those hundred sleeping with peace at home...
I remember that day,
when that Captain laughed,
I remember that day when he cried,
I remember that day when he laid to rest,
his younger brother who lost his life...
It seems so weird to look back now,
and think of that person who called himself unknown...
These sands of time,makes his memory one diary,
where I kept all that I learnt
and all that I lost with a smile that was spent...
These sands of time,make my eyes grow damp,
for they remind me of a lost father in that camp...
But as he rightly said,
life must go on,
one must say adieu when its time to move on...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: