"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Monday 18 October 2010

Vagabonds and the Highway...

I see him and her walking past...
I can see them walking past...
I can see everyone walking past...
Yes,I was here long before,
I remained here when everyone else learnt to walk
and now they run,run fast,agility evident,
thirst to suck the life out of their time,
everyone runs...
Everyone competent from humble beginnings,
competent in their present positions...
All fast vibrant entities...
Purpose,goal and direction,
all set their wheels in motion...
I seem to be stuck,in this quagmire,
my own impeding mind...
I am not moving,
Have become a bystander,
on that long lonely highway,
who realises that no vehicle stops here forever,
for you...
All move on,
none wait,none bother,in this fast road,
if other vehicle moves or not...
I for now have become that vehicle whose engine
doesn't talk...
Hoped that those who stop,
those who stopped by,
remain and help me get a move on...
But now I see,none shall stop for you,
none was meant to do so...
I if have to make a journey,
have to do it myself...
On a Highway,I am but a Vagabond,
of no home,no friends, no noone...
And vagabonds make a journey of their own,
or perish stagnant as bystanders...
Now I see,those who stopped longest,who came from behind,
those who have been here and making journey further,
all driving at greater speeds,while I wait
hoping some will provide me with reparation and lifeline...
Ah,foolish me,this impertinent stagnancy is taking its toll,
stayed stationary long enough,
I wish now to get a move on..
Highway is for Vagabond to travel,
and this chapter taught,
will serve me well I believe...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: