"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Thursday 24 November 2011

Confessions of an Agnost Puritan.

Let me not weave a string of woes,
let me not sit aghast at the wash,
let me not at the sight of distress,
let me smile and walk with what's left of smiles...

Let me not meander and wait,
purpose showered and darkened by the silences...

Let me not ask mercy, for God forsees.

Hail Mary, full of Grace,
I chant thy name.
And Holy Father, to thy feet,
I shall bend down,
brush a kiss of devotion
and say, "I sinned, and beg thine forgiveness."

Let me not weep, tears are but forbidden,
ah so is a man's plight.

I have erred, I have lost,
let me not sit,
but become a servant, obedient thine.

For I no longer beg for the glories.
For I no longer long for those treasures of life.

I beg to thee, old Father...
Moses and Judas pray on my stead,
I ask Ye, of only peace,
and thy blessed Hand...

I know myself lack
the ability to sing flowery songs,
and I know, O Lord,
that I can't weave pretty pictures
to make Ye smile.

I am but a servant,
aye, I see this now.

I am your son,
so guide me by thy hand.

No comments: