"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Wednesday 16 November 2011

Cold Gaze...

Here stranded, I sit,
nervous due to lack of tact,
worried endless in the day's cold...

Those eyes flicker, ever observant...
'Rest!', I yearn to say, as I now am silent
and you shall see me gone...

Next moment I move, a tilt of my head,
the eyes follow me, and I ask why,
and something inside says, why not...

I say no, but the gaunt image follows...
I say no, but the haunting gaze swallows...

I say no! Enough, confound me no more,
and then I notice a jerk,
I notice from the corner of my eyes,
a jerk, a twist, and an ever diminishing silhouette...

I have accomplished my goal,
the eyes are no longer on me,
and I feel all alone...

Regret, but swallowed as whole...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: