"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Monday 20 September 2010

A fool's hope and reward...

First they say it with ease,
then they try to please...
I saw not in those lurking shadows,
I missed the light in the darkness of the untrue...
Yet,in these flimsy depths,
yet amidst the silt that pulls me back,down,
in these green waters,
I try to swim back to surface,and to light....
And yes,there rose a devotion for that divinity,
but saw not my slavery.
Yes,had no interest in my royalty,
for I saw,in royalty one seldom reaped joy,
leading a hapless life of unconcerned responsibility,
which royalty teaches you to ignore...
Now rebelling,I have fled...
I escape the nests of night,
crawling those crevices of agony,
seeping poison into my lungs,
I escaped,
tried to get to the truth....
But the truth has led me into this darkness....
This dark tunnel,which my rebellion
has destined my journey to end at...
I know not,if it were for the devotion,
or for the faith...
Long forgotten those water and air of my life,
lay beside me,
half covered in dust,and half forsaken by my soul...
And when this faith wavers or shatters,
still I will move,I shalt move,
for I am sure,hope remains...
A fool's hope,as was said once wisely...
This quest for the untrue,
this quest to sneak out of what I am,
or what I shall be,has brought me back,
but to the surface yet again,
no,not quite yet,
but still amongst the creeping ivy,I see...
Beyond these tunnels of silted water,
There lies,what I have long sought...
It seems wondrous indeed,
that after days of search,and research,
and such desperate yearning for truth,
you shalt,but return to whence you began...
Yes,what you perceive is true my friend,
I am back home...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: