"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Thursday 11 August 2011

Things that don't glow...

I smile the past away,
I always look this way...

I talk along the way,
and the laughter creases my face...

I spend the nights so cold,
with a pretense inside my soul...

I feel the bright sun, shine,
and all that's hidden entwined...

There is always a reason to show,
a mask that I don't know...

There is always a reason to smile,
though laughter just makes you tired...

There is always a reason to know,
that when you walk away in the snow,
you might leave that place,
but the prints will always leave a trace...

You may smile as if you know,
but your shadow will never glow...

It will remain a faithful mirror,
showing the image of the buried sore,
frozen in the past's dirty snow...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

2 comments:

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Karthik,

This was worth finding today.
The hidden inner self. Without any outer trace!!
The real inner self, hidden from everyone else.
Very clever and very true.

Eileen :)

Anonymous said...

it was really very well penned down karthik. hidden a lot of pain inside. cheers