"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Monday 30 May 2011

Never Ending Chase...

And I trotted, swiftly,
again and again, and again,
in circles, in a continuous motion,
I trotted away,
again and again, and again, in circles...

Then I stopped, and you trotted away,
away, and more farther, all I could say was,
you trotted away, far away...

I tried to follow, pursue,
caught up, but then couldn't reach just as yet,
as I again followed,
ran this time around,
but it was all like a
Beaver in a bowl,
round and round and round...

I gnashed against the wheels,
sick of the movement,
yet never reaching,
I got sick of all the energy,
spent in earnest, and I sat down,
tired, and frustrated with the never ending chase...

Too tired, I didn't look up,
I didn't want to see,because
I knew, I knew what lay in front...

I knew, it was a silhouette ever diminishing
before me, so I refused to look up,
I said nay,leave me be...

But then again, I ventured, later,
as a minute passed into the scene,
I looked up,
and I still wonder what is it that I see...?

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: