"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Sunday 15 August 2010

Elixir of Hope...

Its a weary presence,

my love,its an elastic existence,

that you lead...



Father,my dear father!

I know,it was painful,

when you sent your children to lead...



Mother,my dear mother!

I know,you have been,patient indeed,

with all that we call our deed...



Father,my honest old man,

Father,my dearest noble man,

I have seen your dreams,

shattered in pieces...



Yet,this day,

when we celebrate,our victory,

I remember,you grieved,

to see us,feast on madness,

that engulfed and destroyed your dreams...



Father,I remember,your daughter,

she said,you grieve...

She said,in all hope you showered upon us,

you ended losing your peace...



Father,your dream is but a distorted

untrue work here...

Here it breaks...

Complacency seeping in,on those,

vested with carrying your noble baton...



The fires,all those fires,of highest cause,

are now ashes,burning coals,

not a single flame rising...



All the fire that rises,

is of the hatred,that has besieged your dreams...



Father,I grieve not,for you died so soon...

Father,I celebrate your deliverance from this

insanity and grief...



We,who were gifted with noblest

of all seeds,

but gave way for leeches,

and the weeds...



The tree has but grown healthy,

and it is withered...

Shaking in its roots,

withering in its leaves,

hollow in its stems and branches...

And what,ah! What shall I say of the fruit??

The fruit is rotten or eaten by worming fleet...

Parasitic greed,plaguing this plant,

whose seeds you sowed,

with your honest palms and watered into a dream...



Ah! Father,

we seek you again,

a cleansing necessity we need...



An elixir of hope,

if you may,

please pass down from heavens

that we just can't reach...



For withered we may have been indeed,

but still life flows through the roots of our passive existence...

We know,we are hollow,

but still not dead,and

till this free breath remains,

remains a hope that we shall revive,

as the children of your dreams...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: