"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Saturday 31 July 2010

Bend down from heaven...

Sweet Lady in the heaven,
if a place as such exists...
Thee see o'erhead,our blue planet,
gay beauty,a sight divine,
fatal sorrow in the hours of dismay...

Have you seen our tiny home,
have you my Lady,witnessed the pathos that remains..?
Atrociously morose,aye,this earthling sounds,
but what shall Ye know,
hiding behind that glowing shadow?

Have you,my divine Goddess,
ever witnessed,
the gap between good and evil,so digressed?
Have the dew and honey,
kept you so busy,
that you didn't have a second,
to see something red and tasting bitter?

Has your nice abode,
remained so compelling,
that the fatal reality down here,
evaded your beautiful feelings?

Its been too long,
I ask this of you,
bow your head once and look down on what's true...
You may have to bend down a bit,
but my Goddess,trust me on this,
you would want to know...

You would want to know,
what has become of your 'noble' sons,
who were thinking once,
but are now incensed...

They shall regret,I am sure,
for the blood and oil that
they have wrongfully spilled..

Mountains made porous
with their tunnels too deep,
forests green and oceans blue,
blackened by their fire and filth...

Ye may know,my Lady!,
Ye may have a trick up your sleeve,
I am sure ye may teach your sons,
a chapter in sensibility...

I rest my pen,
another remorseless son,
begging at your feet...
Teach me and my brothers,
the value of our wealth,
teach my family,
red,black,brown,yellow,white
and every other colour under the sun,
that they might like...

Teach those brothers of mine,
who call you,with faith,
but maybe differently in their ways...

Teach us all,
that chapter of the sinful filth of unthinking greed...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: