"Beauty is truth,
truth beauty,
that is all Ye know on Earth,
that is all Ye need to know..." - John Keats


Sunday 7 March 2010

Musings in Solitude...

Those painted shadows walked that moor,
those haunted humans in that dark contour...
I walk this distance,
I shed these tears,
I sigh my despondence onto this night...
It felt so noble,
it felt so true,
and I,unwisely, upon my darkening truth,
sighed again, of content, and, for love..
And I, unwise, shook my girth,
and I, unwise, cried out my pain...
Now I realise, now I know the untrue,
and now I, unwise, accept that truth...
The dead poet sung, that grave old song,
that brave heart said, the ballad wasn't wrong...
And I sit, amused, listening to the folklore,
amused, aye, not at the ballad but at my naivety...
Now I sit, abstruse in my solitude,
now I linger, I durate for the rest of my time here...
Alas! these tears, like the dew from the moon,
these tears fall from the pallor,
and vanish soon...
Now at this dusk, amidst dark slumbering pain,
in this lonely corner,
I see a storm raging, in vain...
Yet Ye know, my friend,
I am trying to let this pass,
I am searching for the rain,
I am looking for the sunlight,
which shall dissolve these tainted shadows of fear...
I wait for the moment,
when I shall cease to be haunted again...
All I say, all I sing,
all my musings, point towards that ray, that light,
and while waiting for this fear to vanish,
to be vanquished...
I pen down my name,
while waiting, in solitude, this is but my game...
This, is but not all the same,
it feels, and rightly so, not very insane,
it feels right, it feels good,
to feel my heart again...

© Karthik Adithya Singaraju

No comments: